Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Academic Major Fairs

Academic Major Fairs

Enlarging on an idea mentioned at the first meeting of our working group, I have seen a few colleges with Academic Major fairs, where students can find out about majors offered at the campus, find out about possible careers, speak with professors, talk with current students, and maybe hear a brief lecture. I think that these are a great idea as they give students a clearer picture of what they’re getting into and what they’re going to be getting out of it. While all of my examples have all available majors present, I actually sort of prefer the idea of each discipline having their own time to present what they’re about with no competition. As a librarian, I can see plenty of areas where the library might help with each of the disciplines by showing off the resources available.

examples:

1 comment:

  1. This is not a bad idea (better than Reg Fest), but ideally it should be divisional.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? What can you add? How can we turn this into a solid proposal?