Thursday, November 29, 2012

Campus Calender System

I might be alone in this, but, for me, it’s been a constant irritation that there isn’t a complete master calendar for all college events. If I want to go to a sporting event, I have to go to the calendar for that sport to find out when the next event might be. I’m constantly missing interesting lectures because they’re only mentioned on flyers posted in hosting department or on the one news email that I miss or only have time to skim. Performances, ditto. If there was one place that I could go where I could see everything going on at a given time, I guarantee that I would participate more and I suspect I’m not alone in that.

...maybe it's just that people don't use the master calendar....

1 comment:

  1. Agreed! I have also found it frustrating when trying to reserve space for on-campus events. Many events are not included on the "Master Calendar" located on the faculty/staff homepage. I have attempted to reserve a space that appears to be free only to find the space unavailable due to a comflicting event.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? What can you add? How can we turn this into a solid proposal?